Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dia de Los Muertos

Hola people! I know this post is late but for those of you who don't know this past week was Dia de los Muertos (Nov.1-2). This is a Mexican holiday which translates to "Day of the Dead" in English. I know many people may view this as weird because it is essentially a celebration that honors those who have passed away, but trust me it's not weird! :) What a lot of people tend to do is set up altars with the deceased's picture and anything they loved place around it. My family doesn't typically do this but they did go to the cemetery to visit our loved ones... and from what I hear it was PACKED to the point that people couldn't even drive out.  Anyways here's a picture of a sugar skull makeup look I did on myself.

ignore the weird expression! i was making sure i didn't smile :)


For inspiration I checked out a bunch of pictures I found on google and a few youtube videos which can be seen here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment